Robocenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robocenter

The world's greatest Custom Robo community!

HomeRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Set Rating Topic

Go down 
+4
Ruigtand
Sylar
Tempo613
Mega_Rat
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tempo613
Admin
Tempo613

Set Rating Topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31/8/2011, 01:19

Ruigtand wrote:
The only ray01 set i really use:

Ray01
Magnum
Volcanic/ charge bomb
Wallpod
Ground legs

The idea is to airdash close and fire magnum when opponent is down fire wallpod and charge trough wallpod fire magnum again fire charge bomb and e mediately fire charge to prevent opponent from leaving the ground.
Even if only half of the moves hit will result in over 350 combo

How in the world did you come up with something like THAT!? How do you even get that to work?

I need to get more creative with my sets... Does that thing usually work?
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Mega_Rat

Mega_Rat

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31/8/2011, 06:39

Rug's Ray01 kills my Luna as sad as that sounds ...
Back to top Go down
Ruigtand

Ruigtand

PostSubject: Ray01   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31/8/2011, 10:35

the "charge trough wall" combo works for me only when i can get my opponent downed at close range.
I use tricereon's charge to get close (Ray01's charge/ airdash can do the same thing)
Right after im in ure face i try to down you with v laser ,needle or magnum (all easy to down opponent from close range.
Then simply fire wallpod and charge trough a couple of times

You can also do it with hurricane/ tempest (check the new video's i posted on youtube)
Btw it's one of the few reasons i use booster !

Now all of u go and do some ranked battles!! xD
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31/8/2011, 16:19

Tempo613 wrote:
Ruigtand wrote:
The only ray01 set i really use:

Ray01
Magnum
Volcanic/ charge bomb
Wallpod
Ground legs

The idea is to airdash close and fire magnum when opponent is down fire wallpod and charge trough wallpod fire magnum again fire charge bomb and e mediately fire charge to prevent opponent from leaving the ground.
Even if only half of the moves hit will result in over 350 combo

How in the world did you come up with something like THAT!? How do you even get that to work?

I need to get more creative with my sets... Does that thing usually work?

You'd just have to see it. >_>
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Tempo613
Admin
Tempo613

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/9/2011, 02:48

There's no way this guy's human... I can't wait until I can get on. I have to see this for myself.
Back to top Go down
Mega_Rat

Mega_Rat

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/9/2011, 04:12

Ray 01
Blade Gun
Charge Bomb
Umbrella Pod
Ground Legs
Back to top Go down
Tempo613
Admin
Tempo613

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/9/2011, 08:19

Mega_Rat wrote:
Ray 01
Blade Gun
Charge Bomb
Umbrella Pod
Ground Legs

This looks a lot like what T4U2D uses. How do you use it exactly? I can't really give a good rating without knowing what you can do with it.
Back to top Go down
Mega_Rat

Mega_Rat

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/9/2011, 08:46

I've always had a blade gun Ray01

Anyways, I use it to cause uneasiness with my oponent. The bombs shoot out fast and the umbrella cover air opproaches or don't allow jumping away.The blade gun keeps them on the move. Bassically down and charge charge charge. It's simple but wrked against Rug.
Back to top Go down
Tempo613
Admin
Tempo613

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/9/2011, 08:57

You say "it's simple" as if that's a bad thing. For some reason, that seems to work pretty well.

I'll give you a 7/10 for now.
Back to top Go down
Ruigtand

Ruigtand

PostSubject: Mega's Ray01   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/9/2011, 13:05

@Mega:
The set works all right ^^
But you shouldn't compare it to yesterday when u battled the hurricane i made 2 days ago
(huricane/ magnum = close range =perfect range for bladegun to counter + u had umbrella ,so i couldn't approach and i had booster leg's so the only real chance i had of hitting you was with a charge and bomb
not to talk bad about your Ray
but kind of a mismatch

btw (off topic) i challenge your Ray01 for a blade gun battle ill wait for you in the chat
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/9/2011, 17:50

Mega_Rat wrote:
Ray 01
Blade Gun
Charge Bomb
Umbrella Pod
Ground Legs

Blade just doesn't...work. The only reason I use it is because a.) I can spread the shots really easily, and b.) I can use it to cancel landing lag.

With your set, I can't see Blade actually providing any real support to the set; it could be used at longer range once the opponent is downed, but other than that, it's way to easy to avoid the Blade rounds while still counterattacking with lower lag weapons, like a pod.

Charge bomb comes out fast, delivers the punch where it's needed, and can be fired off rapidly.

Umbrella can counter certain things, but it's not helping with long range fighting, which is where it's needed.

Use it on a smaller stage, and I can give it 7.5/10.
Back to top Go down
Mega_Rat

Mega_Rat

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/9/2011, 19:27

Well, the sets just for fun. I only used it on Rug for the heck of it but I liked.

Not going for efficiency on it, more like just for fun! xD

Thanks for all of the intel guys! =D

PS: First time I've ever touched the charge bomb.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3/9/2011, 00:22

Okay, making a set to counter Rug's Bit+Phoenix:

~X-Ray
~Needle Gun
~Gemini Bomb P
~Wave Pod
~Ground Legs

Used on Deadline.
Back to top Go down
Tempo613
Admin
Tempo613

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5/9/2011, 03:23

Ray 01
V Laser Gun
Charge Bomb
Umbrella Pod
Ground Legs

I'm not sure what to do about the Pod just yet. I may change it.
Back to top Go down
Ruigtand

Ruigtand

PostSubject: rating   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5/9/2011, 03:30

I give it a 8
My bit v laser smash wavepod works the same way---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-bp0rEwzE&feature=related SKIP TO 2:50 min

Your Ray01 v laser is an alternative on that.
Try switching out the bomb for something bigger and which out legs and bot.
Keep adjusting till it works for you
Back to top Go down
DaggerHog

DaggerHog

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6/9/2011, 07:15

Some may remember my Swift set. Ruigtand will definitely remember because of our recent battle.

Swift
Magnum
Burrow P/Geo Trap
Satellite H
Formula/Stabilizer/Wide Jump

Then there's this one which I can't get to work. I've done some experimenting and it still doesn't feel right to me. Any tips?

X-Ray
3-Way/Needle
Crescent C/Geo Trap/Dual C
Seeker G/Diving
Booster/Feather
Back to top Go down
Mega_Rat

Mega_Rat

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6/9/2011, 10:09

Like how you just bust into our group Dagger without even saying hi to me! D:
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6/9/2011, 19:13

DaggerHog wrote:
Some may remember my Swift set. Ruigtand will definitely remember because of our recent battle.

Swift
Magnum
Burrow P/Geo Trap
Satellite H
Formula/Stabilizer/Wide Jump

Then there's this one which I can't get to work. I've done some experimenting and it still doesn't feel right to me. Any tips?

X-Ray
3-Way/Needle
Crescent C/Geo Trap/Dual C
Seeker G/Diving
Booster/Feather

Swift: It needs some changing, mainly the legs and the bomb. Formula legs are just plain bad on anything but Sonic Circuit, so swap to Ground or Stabilizer.

Geo Trap can work, but you have to be fast, since the blast dissapates so quickly. I would personally change to Charge, since it can have the same effect, but still be far more versatile.

Without changes, 6.5/10, with changes, 8.5/10.

X-Ray: Great concept here, with the 3-Way Gun. You can use Needle, but it would play far differently, since the main power source couldn't be the gun.

Dual C is just slow. Slow with a small blast radius. Crescent C is an excellent choice for with 3-Way, since it throws them upwards into the 3-Way shots. Geo Trap I just don't see as being quite as effective.

Seeker Pods are poor all around. Diving and Jumping pods can do the same thing better, and be more damaging. Other choices could be Umbrella (to block aerial escapes, allowing you to land more 3-Way hits) Spider or Satellite, and maybe Speed or Throwing pods.

Change the legs to Ground. Period.
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/9/2012, 04:05

Hey I just wanted to see how you guys would rate this set. It's a little uncanny, but I think it's kinda fun.
Seal Kid
Magnum
Burrow D (yea I know it's broken but if you have a better idea I need it cuz I couldn't really find anything else)
Wall
High Jump
Back to top Go down
Ruigtand

Ruigtand

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/9/2012, 08:15

it's good but would work better is u give sealkis splashgun.
Or you could use magnum to down opponents and wallpod + charge trough right after ,but that would work better if u use it on a Rockhound or ray01 or anything that can airdash fast to get close so you can down him with magnum from the air.

But like i said its better to just show you so leme know when you have time for a training session
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/9/2012, 18:39

SuperEpicBeast wrote:
Hey I just wanted to see how you guys would rate this set. It's a little uncanny, but I think it's kinda fun.
Seal Kid
Magnum
Burrow D (yea I know it's broken but if you have a better idea I need it cuz I couldn't really find anything else)
Wall
High Jump

High Jump and Magnum just don't work together very well. Either drop the legs for WJ, or swap the gun to something like Needle.

Burrow D actually sort of has the opposite effect of what you want here; it knocks the other robo away from you, unless you want to drop a bomb behind them, and then pod in front, and pong them between those two....way too complex though, honestly. C and P type blasts work wonders with Wall pod.

...though if you take all my advice, it's pretty much my Amy with a different robo. >_> lmao
Back to top Go down
Limxzero

Limxzero

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13/9/2012, 01:21

Big Boy/Magnum/HJ can work, I've used it to some extent of success, but really has no business throwing in with Burrows and Wall. Try with a Charge Bomb and Wave Pod if you're confident. With nice mid-range blockage and heavy combos from Magnum-Chargebomb-Magnum hits in close, it can send air-dashers packing.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14/9/2012, 23:22

Unless said airdashing is running an umbrella pod, which they almost certainly are. Try to close for a magnum hit and get an umbrella pod in your face.
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16/9/2012, 19:30

After battling Rug, I came up with this:
Bit
Splash
Smash
Wall
Ground
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16/9/2012, 19:32

Oh and thanks for the advice on the Seal Kid set. I used it with your changes (changed burrow d to burrow p, changed HJ to WJ) and it worked pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Set Rating Topic
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next