Robocenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robocenter

The world's greatest Custom Robo community!

HomeRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Set Rating Topic

Go down 
+4
Ruigtand
Sylar
Tempo613
Mega_Rat
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JayDeeDubya

JayDeeDubya

Set Rating Topic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16/9/2012, 21:03

This probably isn't the best or most relevant place to be introducing myself, but hey, here goes.

Recently busted out this game for the first time since... I dunno, 2009-ish? And apparently, Google led me here. But anyway, in the interest of staying on topic, here's a no doubt terrible Metal Grappler customization I was screwing around with offline for a couple hours yesterday:

Rock Hound
Homing Star
Straight T
Sky Freeze
Ground

Basically, Straight T (for want of a better T-type bomb, but none seem to exist, and Catch gun just doesn't seem worth sacrificing Homing Star's sheer damage for) is there for pulling stuff into charge range, Homing Star just being an overpowered piece of crap in general, and Sky Freeze for the obligatory vain attempt at anti-air shenanigans. Or maybe just for the giggles, I'm honestly not quite sure at this point.

And while I'm still pretending that I actually know what I'm talking about, I was originally considering Flare instead of Homing Star for the gun. Would I be wrong in assuming that Rock Hound's charge basically makes it redundant?
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16/9/2012, 22:12

Does anyone know a good combo with the sniper and/or saggittarius gun?
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 00:27

JayDeeDubya wrote:
This probably isn't the best or most relevant place to be introducing myself, but hey, here goes.

Recently busted out this game for the first time since... I dunno, 2009-ish? And apparently, Google led me here. But anyway, in the interest of staying on topic, here's a no doubt terrible Metal Grappler customization I was screwing around with offline for a couple hours yesterday:

Rock Hound
Homing Star
Straight T
Sky Freeze
Ground

Basically, Straight T (for want of a better T-type bomb, but none seem to exist, and Catch gun just doesn't seem worth sacrificing Homing Star's sheer damage for) is there for pulling stuff into charge range, Homing Star just being an overpowered piece of crap in general, and Sky Freeze for the obligatory vain attempt at anti-air shenanigans. Or maybe just for the giggles, I'm honestly not quite sure at this point.

And while I'm still pretending that I actually know what I'm talking about, I was originally considering Flare instead of Homing Star for the gun. Would I be wrong in assuming that Rock Hound's charge basically makes it redundant?

Straight bombs suck. Blast radius is too small, and the damage is way too low. Your concept is good, but you're over thinking it a bit. Drop straight t for Charge, or, hell, Burrow D might actually work to knock people into charge range, as long as you throw them in right spot.

MG+HSG is pretty amazing for damage output, and add Ground legs and you have a combo that pretty easily dominates mid to close range.

Flare and Rock Hound is actually pretty epic at the right range. Sweet spot flare into a charge...damn son. You're talking 300~ damage from that, not including extra tacked on at the end from maybe Charge bomb into umbrella pod or something.

I definitely recommend dropping sky freeze for umbrella; you want something for when some aerial dickhead tries to get into your close range airspace, and umbrella can also shut down aerials in HSG's sweet spot.

SuperEpicBeast wrote:
Does anyone know a good combo with the sniper and/or saggittarius gun?

Sagi is like a slow, weak version of Eagle, so never use it. Sniper can work with pretty much any platform, same as Needle and V lazor.
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 04:03

How about...THIS
X-Ray
Sniper
Burrow D
Umbrella
Ground
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 04:12

Change burrow d to crescent c
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 04:26

And this
Amy
Eagle
Burrow P
Sky Wave
Ground
Back to top Go down
JayDeeDubya

JayDeeDubya

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 04:41

Huh. Gonna have to try all that out when I get a chance. Thank 'ya, Sylar.

Yeah, that sweetspotted Flare's a frigging monster of a weapon, and that combo actually goes to nearly 400 with the right execution; or at least it did with some Straight T shenanigans against CPUs. Too bad it's a bit out of my skill range at the moment to use it well in a real match.

SuperEpicBeast wrote:
How about...THIS
X-Ray
Sniper
Burrow D Crescent C
Umbrella
Ground

Okay, let's give this a whack.

(Disclaimer: JayDeeDubya's advice may cause hazardous health complications if taken in excess. Do not mix with alcohol, and take at your own risk. Consult a professional if your failure lasts for more than 4 hours.)

The main thing that sticks out to me here is that Sniper seems like a weird choice for a Shining Fighter in general, let alone one that actually does well up close like X-Ray. I'm sure you can make it work just fine, but it just seems like it lacks synergy with the rest of the set, which doesn't really do anything to help you prevent your opponent from just sidestepping around your shots. Sniper isn't exactly a hard gun to dodge unless you're really smart about its usage.

Here's where I'd suggest one of two things:

-Switch your bomb and pod around to better compliment the Sniper. Something that helps you cut off escape routes and all that jazz. Sniper is laggy and straight-flying with a tiny hitbox, which unless you're good enough to rely solely on prediction/landing lag to land your shots, it could use a little help from your bomb/pod to be more effective.

-Switch your gun to something that meshes better with X-Ray's good (well, better than his long-range, at least) up-close game. I'm not saying 'go Magnum' or anything that extreme (unless, of course, that happens to be how you roll), but a close/mid-range weapon would probably compliment the rest of this setup more effectively.
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 04:48

Maybe Homing Star might work? I'm just throwing some ideas out there.
Back to top Go down
JayDeeDubya

JayDeeDubya

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 08:52

Probably would, yeah. Wide firing or high homing guns like that or Meteor Storm might be worth consideration, since your bomb/pod setup doesn't really lend itself well to herding people into your shots and all that noise.

Also, whipped up this Lightning Sky set a little while ago. Not sure how good it actually is, but it's at least kinda fun so far. I'm kinda debating the merits of using Long Thrust instead of Booster as the legs, though.

Tempest
Halo
Crescent C
Diving
Booster
Back to top Go down
Ruigtand

Ruigtand

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 16:21

You came to the ONLY right place ^^
Here CRA will be kept alive!

If u want my advice come to the chat on tuesday ,thursday and friday from 18:00 untill 23:00 GMT (european time)

Oh and btw do you have wifi? JayDeeDubya?
Back to top Go down
Ruigtand

Ruigtand

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 16:26

Oh and i use T blasts all the time :O for my knuckle sets i use:
Apollo (with knuckles) / Rockhound (with Magnum)

Knuckles / Magnum
Scythe bomb
Caboose T / wallpod
Ground legs

Strategy:
1:Fire scythe and caboose to get him close , Knuckle him upward and use apollo charge
2:Charge close to fire magnum or get him close with Scythe bomb fire magnum / knuckle him upward ,and use wall to hit him and charge right trough the wall to hit him with the charge .
Back to top Go down
JayDeeDubya

JayDeeDubya

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 16:45

Ruigtand - Hm, I didn't even consider Caboose T pods. Neat.

And I do have wifi, but apparently DS games aren't compatible with the current security type on my router (WPA, and DS games apparently only take WEP or none). No biggie though, I'll go in and change it to something that works when I have some free time later today.

Lookin' forward to getting smeared all over the floor. And I'll be sure to pop into chat around then, as soon as I figure out what that is in US Mountain time.

EDIT: Alright, router problems are all fixed. Sucks about having to downgrade security, but meh, oh well.
Back to top Go down
Ruigtand

Ruigtand

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 18:49

Nice ^^
Can't wait x)

And never mind my playing style ,i tend to play arround allot ( just dont think its personal or that im taunting you or something)
Back to top Go down
Ruigtand

Ruigtand

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/9/2012, 20:46

Oh and most of the players here are about 6 houres earlyer than i am ^^(so it's about 6 hours later were i live)
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19/9/2012, 05:52

The charge through wall pod! Whoo definitely one of my favorite strategies now
Back to top Go down
Ruigtand

Ruigtand

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19/9/2012, 16:39

nice! so it is mine :P!
I think we are 2 of a kind ><

I litterally abuse the charge trough wall combo :O to perfect it use it with smashbomb
(since almost all charges will throw the opponent in the air ,it's and easy 400 combo with wall ,smash and charge)

I recomend you try it out with hurricane
X-Ray is fun to >< try it with for example laser riple

Just make sure you use ground legs or anything landing lagg reducing!

P.s Let us battle soon!
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/9/2012, 00:57

I tried most of them but my two favorite robos to do it with are the Bit and the Seal Kid. I have a Bit+Stun+Smash+Wall+Ground combo that's really fun to use.
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/9/2012, 01:07

Actually...I started experimenting with other robos that can charge through wall pods and the swift was one and it worked pretty good
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/9/2012, 01:32

Could you somehow play defensively with a burning beast
Back to top Go down
JayDeeDubya

JayDeeDubya

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/9/2012, 02:30

Well... they're moderately heavy and have a stealth dash, so I could see a build like that working if it's played well. I imagine a defensive Burning Beast would probably play kinda like a Metal Grappler, just with more focus on air dashing.

Strictly speaking, there's probably better choices, but there's no reason it couldn't work.
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/9/2012, 02:58

And not to keep posting, but how's this?
X-ray
Needle
Burrow D
Umbrella/sky wave (can't decide-sky wave has more range, but umbrella has more power)
Ground
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/9/2012, 02:59

Ok cuz I'm not going to use my Leon set anymore, but I do want to do something with it
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/9/2012, 04:25

Beasts can be played defensively; it's just a question of defense by evasion or defense by offense.

For example...Leon+Glider is a defensive set by definition, but its defense is played by punishing approach rather than evading approach.

Stealth dashes simple aren't suited for pure evasion; they're better used for attack.
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/9/2012, 04:49

Then how about this:
Leon
Gravity
Burrow P
Double wave
Feather (for more air time for Gravity)
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/9/2012, 04:56

Change burrow P to crescent p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Set Rating Topic   Set Rating Topic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Set Rating Topic
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next