Robocenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robocenter

The world's greatest Custom Robo community!

HomeRegisterLatest imagesLog in

I'm new here!

Go down 
+2
Tempo613
AeonClock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AeonClock

AeonClock

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: I'm new here!   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime5/9/2011, 21:11

I recently discovered this game and I really want to get better at it! I love portable games with depth; I played MegaMan Battle Network and Star Force really competitively and I want to try something new! I've read through a lot of the guides here but I still fail to understand some things and combos. My knowledge of individual parts is lacking and I can't generally tell how a robo plays from the set. I've also battled a few times online but I don't think I learned too much. How should I get about getting better?
Back to top Go down
Tempo613
Admin
Tempo613

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here!   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime5/9/2011, 23:48

Welcome to the Robocenter! It's hard getting to know how to play. Keep practicing. I recommend staying offline until you beat the story.

When you go online, try using other's sets and see how they work for you. Originality will come naturally.

By the way, I'm the site admin, so if you need something, just ask me. I'll try to help when I can.
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Ruigtand

Ruigtand

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: welkom   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime6/9/2011, 00:20

From experience i know that learning actually happens when people get a chance to.
So if u tell me the name u go by on cra and ill make it a nice learning experience
Gl playing this game and remember key to success is keep trying and dont give up
Back to top Go down
AeonClock

AeonClock

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here!   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime6/9/2011, 02:24

Thanks! I've taken more of a look around and it seems like no one here plays Illegal and there's like no information as to Illegal. Should I just not bother with Illegal battling?
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here!   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime6/9/2011, 02:33

Hey. I'm Sylar, the...well, I'm not actually anybody of importance.

First off, welcome to the forum.

For the most part, skill comes through actual playing, and the guides I've written are for precision tuning, with the exception being the one specifically made for newbies.

Illegal battling isn't really bad, but most of us (read: me) don't have any real experience with them, so there isn't much to build off of when learning.

Anyway, get all the parts (if you haven't already) and then go online; if you get on before then, you won't have the range of counters available like everyone else will.

After that, try to be in the chat when you want to play, since most of us pop in every now and then to see if anyone's in; it's a good way to not only set up a battle, but also to talk about them, which helps you to refine your battle techniques.

Don't be a stranger, and feel free to contribute to any thread you want to, even if you think it's a stupid question or statement.

Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Mega_Rat

Mega_Rat

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here!   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime6/9/2011, 10:12

Welcome Aeon! I'm Mega_Rat, deemed the weirdest guy in this little family of ours!

If I say weird stuff, try not to freak out, I'm the nicest and spunkiest person here!

Anyways, I hope you have a lot of fun here. I'm about the middle of the best of this group due to my lack of experimentation, some low teir sets, no Burrow Bomb D, and I tend to crack easily during fights. But hey, I don't care! xD

PS: Sylars the best at this game ... he has 9999 wins. Shhhh, don't tell him I told you! ;3
Back to top Go down
Tempo613
Admin
Tempo613

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here!   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime6/9/2011, 18:12

You really do have a high opinion of yourself, eh, Mega_Rat? Haha.

We're all rather friendly here, Aeon. Don't be shy about asking for help, with either Custom Robo or this site. Most of us get our kicks here by helping newbies.

And Sylar really is the best here alongside Ruigtand. Listen to his advice and you'll advance quickly.

Just don't take on his Ground Leg fetish.

Last edited by Tempo613 on 6/9/2011, 18:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding info)
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Sylar

Sylar

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here!   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime6/9/2011, 19:15

Tempo613 wrote:

We're all rather friendly here, Aeon. Don't be shy about asking for help, with either Custom Robo or this site. Most of us get our kicks here by helping newbies.

And Sylar really is the best here alongside Ruigtand. Listen to his advice and you'll advance quickly.

Just don't take on his Ground Leg fetish.

It's called land'n'bounce! It works better than stupid Plus One legs. Unless you like being combo'd as soon as you land. >.>
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
basic

basic

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here!   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime8/9/2011, 00:28

I'd actually recommend jumping into online play if you're looking to improve. Losses can teach you a lot of things while wins can only go so far. Hopefully we'll bump into each other online one day!
Back to top Go down
Mega_Rat

Mega_Rat

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here!   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime9/9/2011, 02:12

Quote :

Is that a bad thing? xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here!   I'm new here! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm new here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robocenter :: Forum :: Chat Area-
Jump to: