Robocenter

The world's greatest Custom Robo community!

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

How do I rate my own sets?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: How do I rate my own sets?   25/9/2012, 03:36

How do I rate my own sets? I don't want to keep on asking you guys for help on my sets, and I don't want to post a set, then spending a few days with the made set debating whether or not to use it until one of the pros passes judgement on it. And I bet it's really annoying too. So please teach me how to do this!
Back to top Go down
Ruigtand

PostSubject: Re: How do I rate my own sets?   25/9/2012, 16:08

Sry i diddnt respond to your posts right away (was a little bussy these days)

If u really want to learn fast you gotto log in to this chat today from 18:00 my time
And we play a few rounds ,and we can discuse your sets and gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Strayofthesun

PostSubject: Re: How do I rate my own sets?   25/9/2012, 17:36

Also if you go to the Arcade, and battle this set, Katana, Kindjal gun, Snipe bomb, Amun pod and Phantom legs. If you can beat that without much trouble then the set you're using is decent. Not as good as getting advice from another player but it's good to practice and figure out the obvious problems with new sets.
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: How do I rate my own sets?   25/9/2012, 22:50

Ok thanks Strayofthesun. And I'll try to get on this Sunday at 10:30 to 11:00 and then 11:30 to 12:00
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: How do I rate my own sets?   26/9/2012, 00:19

Thank you so much Strayofthesun! That method of using that combo in free battle helped a ton. I could see what I needed to do to the set to make it better, or tell myself not to do this or this while I battle with this set, etc. That helped a lot. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sylar

PostSubject: Re: How do I rate my own sets?   26/9/2012, 00:33

Let me ask you this: when you're making a set, are you just throwing the parts together, or do you have a purpose in mind?
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: How do I rate my own sets?   26/9/2012, 00:47

Yeah, I kinda am throwing parts together, but sometimes I might try to accomplish a certain task. Like I just made a new set, for example:
Ray 01
V-Laser
Charge
Wave
Ground
At first, I just thought, well, hey, I want to make a Shining Fighter combo, so lets try some stuff. And then the Wave pod came to mind, so then I thought,"what would cover the sides?" And I thought of he V-Laser gun. And then I experimented and I found the charge bomb worked well. And also, at first I had the Ray MK II as the robo, but then as I experimented, I found that the Ray 01 worked even better
Back to top Go down
SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: How do I rate my own sets?   26/9/2012, 00:52

And then, when I made my Mantis + Splash set, or my Seal Kid + Magnum set, I tried to accomplish a certain task, such as cutting the landing lag through spamming a gun w/ high reload, or comboing by charging through a wall pod blast, and usually sets accomplishing a certain task comes from an idea sparked by one of you guy's really good sets.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

PostSubject: Re: How do I rate my own sets?   26/9/2012, 05:27

Then you're doing the same thing all the rest of us do.

Hell, most any time I make a new set, I ask Rug's opinion on it.
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
SuperEpicBeast

PostSubject: Re: How do I rate my own sets?   27/9/2012, 00:22

Same here haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I rate my own sets?   

Back to top Go down

How do I rate my own sets?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robocenter :: Forum :: Chat Area-
Jump to: