Robocenter

The world's greatest Custom Robo community!
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The SchoolOfSylar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: The SchoolOfSylar   14/8/2011, 19:12

The much awaited SchoolOfSylar sequel!
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Tempo613
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   14/8/2011, 19:19

It's about time!

Okay, here I go again...

X-Ray
Phoenix
Burrow Bomb D
Diving Pod
Ground Legs


I can put Charge Bombs on it, too. It just WON'T work against anything! What am I doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   14/8/2011, 19:44

Tempo613 wrote:
It's about time!

Okay, here I go again...

X-Ray
Phoenix
Burrow Bomb D
Diving Pod
Ground Legs


I can put Charge Bombs on it, too. It just WON'T work against anything! What am I doing wrong?

First off, Phoenix is a weird gun, TBH. It has an odd hitbox, that I really haven't figured out. It'll consistently hit strafing aerial enemies, but hitting grounded enemies...is not precise, to say the least, so don't rely on it.

Now, Diving Pod just seems...redundant to me; Phoenix is already supposed to be blocking the sides, so Diving isn't doing much use. On top of that, since Phoenix is for anti air, and Diving only flies at Lightning Sky dash height.

Burrow D is to slow. It's just to slow. Crescent bombs, Charge and Standards would. Geo Trap maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Tempo613
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   14/8/2011, 22:50

Sylar wrote:
Diving Pod just seems...redundant to me; Phoenix is already supposed to be blocking the sides, so Diving isn't doing much use. On top of that, since Phoenix is for anti air, and Diving only flies at Lightning Sky dash height.


Okay, then, what about Spider or Reflection? Will those work?
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   14/8/2011, 23:23

Reflection is hard to control, and you need walls/obstacles to do it, which isn't really convenient.

Spider is actually amazing, so go ahead and try it, but it really depends on the weakness you're trying to cover.
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Tempo613
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   14/8/2011, 23:40

Sylar wrote:
Reflection is hard to control, and you need walls/obstacles to do it, which isn't really convenient.

Spider is actually amazing, so go ahead and try it, but it really depends on the weakness you're trying to cover.

X-Ray: Adds attack power to weapons and maneuverability, with a strong offence and defense with the Charge Attack.
Phoenix: Ground: Strikes aerial opponents and slow moving ground opponents. Air: Strikes vulnerable opponents, possibly setting up combos.
Charge Bomb: Rapid fire keeps the pressure on, while Level 2 and 3 charged shots cover large areas, forcing opponents to move into the Phoenix Gun's range, and also provides support to the Pod's purpose.
Spider Pod (Standard or G, undecided): Covers the ground, perhaps forcing the opponent to move aerially, setting up the Phoenix Gun.
Ground Legs: Zeros out all landing lag, increasing evasive abilities.

That's the whole idea of the set, as it stands.
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 01:26

G knocks them straight up, so they can actually avoid the Phoenix easily. Standard, on the other hand, blows them upwards and to one side a bit, comboing into Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Tempo613
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 02:15

Sylar wrote:
G knocks them straight up, so they can actually avoid the Phoenix easily. Standard, on the other hand, blows them upwards and to one side a bit, comboing into Phoenix.

I guess that settles it. Thanks, then!

Hey, I used to use this set with Ray Sky that I liked, but it didn't work so well after a while...

Would this work now if I focused on mid-ranged Bomb and Pod spam, and only dashed to escape a pursuer? This is just a C/D question, no need for details.

Ray Sky
3-Way Gun
Burrow Bomb D
Reflection Pod
Booster Legs




Last edited by Tempo613 on 15/8/2011, 02:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar error)
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 02:20

C to everything but the dashing.
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Tempo613
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 02:27

Sylar wrote:
C to everything but the dashing.

Seriously? Huh, I expected you to shoot it into a smoldering wreck. XD Cool!

Why is it so much easier to get a reply out of you here than in the GF boards? XD I JUST posted that!
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 02:56

Probably because I keep this open in a separate tab, while browsing CE on GF.
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Mega_Rat

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 04:16

Why is the sky blue!?



Anyways, you recently battled my trick flyer.


Stinger
Magnum
Geo Trap
Diving / Spider / Beast / Statalite
Booster


How is it? I know I haven't used any of your suggestions for it but it's ok no? The only issue is well it sucks against air opponets, which we all no plague our game. xD
Back to top Go down
Tempo613
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 04:47

Mega_Rat wrote:
Stinger
Magnum
Geo Trap
Diving / Spider / Beast / Statalite
Booster


How is it? I know I haven't used any of your suggestions for it but it's ok no? The only issue is well it sucks against air opponets, which we all no plague our game. xD

My Ray Sky+Glider comes to mind...

It was oddly good, especially for a TF model and it was scary that you could get it to work with a freakin' MAGNUM Gun.

Assuming you're using it in an arena no larger than Sea Floor...

Stinger: I suppose he's the best out of the 3.
Magnum: Oddly effective, and quite powerful when I fought it. Try not to be TOO aggressive with it, though.
Geo Trap: Good blast radius and duration, and power. It could help trick opponents into getting hit by the Pod and/or the Gun.
Pod: You need to forget the Beast Pod, in my opinion. Stick with either the Spiders or Satellite Pod H.
Booster: Not sure if this would be better with Feathers or not. But your fast and frantic maneuvers made it hard for me to keep track of your movement, so you're doing something right.

Overall: 7.0/10. I like it. You've done a good thing for Trick Fliers with this set. Just stick to arenas smaller than Basic Stage and ground opponents should have issues for quite awhile. Just avoid aerial opponents or spamming the set and you should be fine.



Last edited by Tempo613 on 15/8/2011, 05:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error, shortening quote.)
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Mega_Rat

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 05:32

Thanks for the insight tempo! I never see anyone use one so I decided to give it a try. I usually always lose with it butwhat I like about it that it's fast, frantic, aggresive, always on the move, and great fun!

I love my set, just wish trick flyers din't have lots of problems! (less land lag, lame defense, another air dash would have helped, to ****ing tall!)

I might stop with the beast pod though. What I like is that it is sort of both anti-ground/air. I don't need to guess which bot I'm fighting if I use that pod.
Back to top Go down
Tempo613
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 06:05

Mega_Rat wrote:
Thanks for the insight tempo! I never see anyone use one so I decided to give it a try. I usually always lose with it butwhat I like about it that it's fast, frantic, aggresive, always on the move, and great fun!

My pleasure. Yeah, you will see few victories on any TF set, from all that I have seen. Just use it against less skilled opponents and the less suspecting, don't rely on it too much, and experiment with the technique with which you use it, and you should be fine, and could even make up the first GOOD TF set.

Mega_Rat wrote:
I love my set, just wish trick flyers din't have lots of problems! (less land lag, lame defense, another air dash would have helped, to ****ing tall!)

You just summed up all of the TF's weaknesses.

Landing lag: This is a killer for any Robo. Try to land behind walls, or make sure to stun,force your foe into backing off, or make sure your foe is vulnerable before you land.
Low defense, exaggerated height: Different problems, same solution: NEVER HOLD STILL. DO NOt let your opponent catch you while you're vulnerable.

Mega_Rat wrote:
I might stop with the beast pod though. What I like is that it is sort of both anti-ground/air. I don't need to guess which bot I'm fighting if I use that pod.

It doesn't work as effectively as that, in my experience... It looks good on paper, but apply it to a real battle, you'll find the Sat. Pod H to be much more effective.


Last edited by Tempo613 on 15/8/2011, 06:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected an HTML error.)
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Mega_Rat

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 06:27

Height is a problem though ... can get hit by smash or pheonix or even some anti-air stuff way to easily.
Back to top Go down
Tempo613
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 06:30

Mega_Rat wrote:
Height is a problem though ... can get hit by smash or pheonix or even some anti-air stuff way to easily.

Yup. All of the aerial weaknesses with not of the strengths.
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 17:34

Mega_Rat wrote:
Why is the sky blue!?



Anyways, you recently battled my trick flyer.


Stinger
Magnum
Geo Trap
Diving / Spider / Beast / Statalite
Booster


How is it? I know I haven't used any of your suggestions for it but it's ok no? The only issue is well it sucks against air opponets, which we all no plague our game. xD

>_>

I haven't suggested any of those parts EXCEPT the robo.

Honestly, I don't how you use it. I really don't. I know that you alway end up in my face, and I can't figure out how you do it.

Because you seem to be so good at maneuvering TFs, I don't think you need any kind of pressure pods, like Spider or Beast. You'd be better off either strengthening the combo with a Wall pod, or adding a powerful offensive and defensive weapon Like Double Wave.

Geo Trap is used to block one side off, before your approach, right? If that's the case, D-Wave should be able to do that just the same as Geo Trap, so you can swap the bomb to something else.

Smash Bomb is the best on-the-move anti air there is, besides Halo slide shots. It's also the only decently effective aerial counter besides Halo and Gravity, so it's really your only choice for anti air here. Unless you want to keep Geo Trap and swap to Umbrella, but that wouldn't be as effective.

Mega_Rat wrote:


Thanks for the insight tempo! I never see anyone use one so I decided to give it a try. I usually always lose with it butwhat I like about it that it's fast, frantic, aggresive, always on the move, and great fun!

I love my set, just wish trick flyers din't have lots of problems! (less land lag, lame defense, another air dash would have helped, to ****ing tall!)

I might stop with the beast pod though. What I like is that it is sort of both anti-ground/air. I don't need to guess which bot I'm fighting if I use that pod.

I use Sassy Stunners as my main. Only I have a right complain. >_>

Tempo613 wrote:


It doesn't work as effectively as that, in my experience... It looks good on paper, but apply it to a real battle, you'll find the Sat. Pod H to be much more effective.


Sats don't chase nearly as well. Hell, I just run by them most times. >.>



Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Mega_Rat

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 17:57

Haha there we go we go with the wall pod! I have tried it with TF's many times but I just can't use it. It's just that my maneuvering is so frantic and strange that sometimes even I wonder how the hell I got there leading me to run into my wall pod. D:

Might try smash with D-Wave though. You always suggest Mantis thouh, not Stinger because you said his charge is better, and it is ... I don't know why I stick with Stinger.

Nice to know that even my TF approaches amaze you Sylar! Even against gravity sets I get in easily ... though getting in is destroyed by Burrow Bomb D, Crecent C, grount and aeiral Gravity shots, oh, and freakin umbrealla so much. rawr! xD
Back to top Go down
Tempo613
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 18:46

You know what, you should try Sylar's ideas. I never thought of the DWP...

I'm sticking by my Sat. Pod over Beast, though.

You know what, I might give these a try...
Back to top Go down
http://colorslive.com/author?id=76918
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   15/8/2011, 21:14

Tempo613 wrote:
You know what, you should try Sylar's ideas. I never thought of the DWP...

I'm sticking by my Sat. Pod over Beast, though.

You know what, I might give these a try...

It depends on the use. The fact is, Sats simply don't follow you as far as Spiders do; Spider G can technically work as anti air, but, IMO, Beast works better.
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Strayofthesun




PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   16/8/2011, 19:08

I'm trying to make this set work well:
Ray 01/Ray mk II/Ray
Twin Fang
Burrow D/Crescent C/Charge
Umbrella/Beast/Spider G
Ground/Wide Jump

Ray 01 charge works extremely well with TF ground shots but it isn't as fast as i'd like, Ray's manueverbility works very well with TF but it's charge isn't as good. Ray mk II has a good charge and good mobility but doesn't seem to work as well as either of the other two.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   16/8/2011, 19:23

01 has a fast charge, so just use that to approach most of the time; other wise, air dash.
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   30/7/2012, 06:36

Bump
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Sylar

avatar


PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   1/6/2013, 17:53

bump damn it. >_>
Back to top Go down
http://customrobo.wikia.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The SchoolOfSylar   

Back to top Go down
 
The SchoolOfSylar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robocenter :: Forum :: Chat Area-
Jump to: